Sunday, February 05, 2006

Magazines…

Let’s see, since when did I start reading magazines? I remembered my mom was an ardent Her World follower for many years. My cousin sister was fervent on overseas magazines which I was too young to even remember their names. I, for one, was an enthusiastic young audiophile following Audio and What HiFi for many years.

My college years were not so filled with magazines, though not until the final year when I started reading CLEO and Cosmo, again. Apart from that, since I was crazy in street skating back then, agro inline skating mags kept accompanied for a while.

When I was back in Malaysia, somehow, I just stopped reading and started living a zombie life with no aim and passion. It’s like I was waiting for my time to come to return down under, Australia. Then some incidents took place and life just started turning for the better for me and I was not too sure of returning down under anymore.

Yeah rite, friends always questioned me when I said so, “return?” they asked. Sorry, somehow, “return” seems to be a more natural way of putting it when the more appropriate word should be “going to”, and even “going back” seems out of context, too. Is this my tendency of relating myself more towards positive subjects, things I like or things I wish I could be part of?

Was it because of those overwhelming TV series that make us so craved for a dramatic life or deep down, we have the native instinct of conquering the worst and prove ourselves worthy of living?

Is reading magazine a part of my exit to the uncertain future or was I too aimless in life to use magazines to peep into others’ lives or troubles? Or magazines are something to drive me on with dreams and passion with stuff that I wish I could own and attain?

No comments: